Friday, December 10, 2004

Living With Ghosts

There was this game that I played a couple of months back. The game was Silent Hill 4. I guess you could call myself a hardcore fan of the series with it having severely dark and twisted stories that made you scratch your head and creep you out. It always freaked you out with the severely weird scenes and dark setting. In the latest incarnation of the series, they bring an enemy which could not be called anything other than a ghost. It makes a static moan and pursues you almost the entire run through the game unless you "kill" it with a special item. Recently I lost my best friend. It was a tragic turn of events that gives you a really cold feeling through the whole ordeal. You try and think of the best way to keep a sinking ship afloat but there's not much you can do. It's gone. The rats have left long ago, the band is playing all the way through it, and you're clutching to the railing wishing you can fly. Not a good place to be. Imagine for a second that there is someone with you through the important years of your life to share all the joys and tragedies of your existence. Someone to talk to and want to help out anyway you can. Now they are gone to do their own thing. It's a little unsettling. It's not a very good place to be. The memory of what once was is now nothing more than a ghost trailing you where ever you go. There have been moments through this that I have laughed at something and wanted to make a call, yet there was no one there. Are these just normal stages in a persons life? Do we just learn to deal with it and just move on with these ghosts chasing us until we find something to kill it. This really isn't easy and you just find a certain way to push this back so you don't have to deal with it. Yet it's still scratching in the back of your head. The scratch is so bad that you want aspirin to dumb it down. People may go through this all the time, but I don't. It's a little scary that in the end you deal with it and move on. But are the ghosts still there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece Martinez said...

Happens all the time. Move on. I have had friends that I've shared SO MUCH with. I was even there when one of them gave birth. I've drifted apart from alot of them. People that I spent every moment with. Myra, Danny, Crystal, Robert...I don't even know where they are right now. They each had a turn in my life where they were so important to me. I couldn't have imagined life without them. But. Theyre gone. Replaced. Don't sweat it. It happens. We move on, they move on. I think about them occasionally and have fond memories of moments we shared. I wish them the best. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles, eh?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Cody said...

Some fucking cookie.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home