In Two Sentences
It was once stated that your life ultimately comes down to two sentences. You live and die according to those little catch phrases that encompasses you. There are usually only those sentences at the end of your obituary in the paper detailing your life in a very generalizing manner. Now I'm not dead yet, so I'm still working on my sentences. Call me crazy, but I really don't want mine to be loving father of two (if I choose that route), a very dedicated worker (a longshot I know). Scary isn't it. I thought more about it and wondered if I could pin people down, in my life using only two sentences. This is really not as easy as it sounds and I feel that this is something that I should try and do to be reminded of what I have. These names listed below understand what a bastard I can be and are still around being the "True Believers". Fuck it. It's turkey time. Here it goes in no particular order.
To My Family- For putting up with my shit and antics all these years. It's not easy handling me sometimes, but they have managed to give their love and support throughout the worst of times.
To My Father- For giving me the gift of reasoning and intelligence. Also that even if you are constantly in your father's shadow and turning out in many ways just like him, that it can really be a good thing.
To the Martinez Family- For, in spite of a period in which they thought I was gay, accepted me as one of their own with love. They have given me a greater understanding of the importance of family, thereby given me a greater understanding of my own.
To My Brother- Him being the carefree, funny guy that he is, he always manages to give me a reason to match his wit and charm. Sometimes the younger brother takes care of the bigger one.
To Frank- As an official card carrying member of the Wright-Tate clan (he used to live at my house for Christ's sake) he has always been a damn good friend. Sometimes I look at my tattoo (fidelitas in Latin means loyalty) and remember he was part of the reason I got it.
To Sonia- In the years of our friendship, she has shown me a beautiful world that is her heart, which is unmatched by the many in this life. Many times has she given me a reason to go on in life and it is always better with her around in it.
To Roy- He is the only one I know to be able to relate with what I have been through with my time in the Marines. I never knew what it was like to have a big brother until the guy consistently gave strong advise, guidance, and friendship.
And Cece- She was the one who stuck her neck out for me to get me my first job, even though we barely knew each other. A great friend and a powerful ally in work (and blogging), her smile and quirkiness make it great to see her every time.
To Phil- For sharing his version of the world with me, along with his beer, liquor, and couch afterwards. He is one the few good guys left in his world, and I am proud to call him my friend.
To Mike- For giving me a second chance at employment that he considers only deserving for me. He also has given me a seat with his family, cigarettes, beer, food, and friendship for which I am constantly in his debt.
To My Aunt- She has raised us since we were small and has always considered her own. She only wants the best for us and has maintained the hip and cool love that we have always known throughout the years.
To the Two Month Club (A.K.A. the Ex-girlfriends) - I have been honored that you ladies have allowed me little glimpses into your little worlds. Without you I would have never been able to educate myself on the diseases that a person can wish on someone.
To Spider Jerusalem- He hates you all and has said, "If any of you really love me you would kill yourselves.", during his pursuit of truth and justice through a drug filled, hate controlled, apathetic, mind numbing world. He is the ultimate anti-hero of a twisted writer's mind that has become a personal hero of mine.
The two sentences really can't do the people I love the most any real justice, but I thought it would be best for the thanksgiving spirit. Thank all of you for being part of my life. I am definitely a lucky mother fucker because of you. Now with that being said, BRING ON THE TURKEY SAMMICHES!!!!!

2 Comments:
LMFAO!
Okay first of all...they thought you were gay?! HA!
Secondly...thanks for the kind words.
And last of all...THE TWO MONTH CLUB! LMFAO!
You have such a way with words.
Thanks bro...it's cool having a younger brother. Especially one who always comes bearing gifts of Bud Light! High speed, low drag....whoooaah!
Post a Comment
<< Home