Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Falling Stars and Sidekicks

There is a girl that I like at this bar that I frequent. I shit you not, but when I first saw her there were stars falling around her, an angelic beam coming from heaven straight to where she stood, flowers grew where she walked, and I think I even saw bunnies and squirrels prancing around after her. It sounds fucking stupid, but I don't care. Cody like perty girl. Now this bar that she works at is the equivalent of my Cheers. The bartender knows my name, and knows what I drink. The people around are usually pretty damn friendly. Good atmosphere for a bar to have. It took all my superpowers to talk to her and, with the luck of the Irish and the grace of God, I didn't sound like a total retard. We were leaving one night and my buddy shakes his hand to wish him a good evening. He responds back, "You come back.....and bring your sidekick along with you.", his face, smiling, now looking at me. There was not much of a response with the exception of my buddy's laugh and a loud and defiant HEY!!! escaping my lungs. My buddy told me later that she looked at me when this was said and smiled. Some impression. At least I talked to her first, before that debacle.

A couple days later I go back and go over the question for the interviews I have coming up when this angel taps me on the shoulder and says, "Hey Sidekick." Defeated, I wasn't sure how to respond. "How do you know he's not MY sidekick." A retort. "I don't know. I just know that you're Sidekick from now on.", she said with a smile. I'm happy I got that. Fuck me. I was singing loud and proud in my car on the way home.

I may sound like Brodie from Mallrats, but hey. At least I left some sort of impression.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cody said...

And no.......I didn't fuck her.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

She has to pass my test. grrr.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Cody said...

Fucking Walzar.....you should have joined Team Dirty you silly bastard.....fucking side kick.....DAMN IT!!! Thanks for the good words man.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home