Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Applying The Formula

Driving on the expressway makes usage of the word "fuck" jump by roughly 300 percent. Waving the finger or the "angry fist" has high percentages as well. There have also been a jump in thought homicides unsurprisingly. All this should be common knowledge to everyone considering one of my favorite words is "fucktard". I mean how would you react if your life was in jeopardy at least once a week?
Now the area I live in is really small unless you consider the cities that are on top of each other. It creates decent sized city. A city filled with an abundance of people who have the driving skills of an amputee. It is strongly close-minded of in culture and in mind. We are right next door to our miserable neighbor Mexico, and hours away from any role model of a major city. The area is more racist than any place I ever visited being that probably more than 90 percent of its residents are of hispanic descent. Try finding a black dude down here and I pretty sure Sasquatch and the Lock Ness monster are wondering around. A huge fucking rarity. This is perfect stomping grounds for stupidity and ignorance.
An old friend of mine was from the suburbs of Houston which is, sadly, relatable in certain ways. He used to say, "I'm not racist. My best friend is mexican." This would really piss me off, seeing as how I'm not mexican or hispanic. Fuck those dudes. I'm wexican. My lack of heritage and culture makes myself a proud product of the melting pot idea. Anyway, it was just suburban mentality towards the issue. Now I'm not sure how many conversation starters have started down in the valley with a person adamantly declaring their lack of prejudice then spewing a string of "niggers" and "mayats" like a machine gun. Birmingham ain't got shit on us. You really don't see too much of this attitude in major cities (suburbs, in my opinion, are not part of any housing or community functionality, but more like higher classed ghettos and demilitarized zones) and it really is sad.
Now it's common knowledge with dog and horse breeders about dominant genetic traits inherited with their line. If you breed the same line too much the good and overpowering bad are applified. Take a dog who is very fast and also very stupid and breed the dog with another of the same traits. The result is a dog who can run like a motherfucker, but eats rock and has trouble bumping into walls. It really can be applied towards our communities. Take a culture or society which has been closed off from other major communities with more diversity and "selective breeding" occurs. The dominant traits of the ones in the community get applified. Seeing as how this is a primarily hispanic community, more hispanic traits are adopted and the less dominant genes ( any race that is considered a minority down here) are weeded out and become less accepted. It was a little culture shock when I saw a white guy with light brown hair speaking better spanish than I could ever hope for.
All I am saying is that we need affirmative action for the communities here. Bring them down here for some different culture and different values to bring to the table. Make me get pissed off at people other than mexican nationals bumping into me at Walmart or almost running me off the road. Get more radio stations other than the 9+ we have for tejano. A little strong am I? It's ok. Calm down. My best friend is hispanic.

Motherfuckers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece Martinez said...

Growing up in Minnesota, I never encountered racism directed at me by all the white people I lived amongst. It wasnt until I moved down here that I was introduced to the word...half-breed.
By the little brown kids at school.
Then again...the white people down here are fucking assholes for the most part.
Face it. The Valley Mexicans AND Whites are racist.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Cody said...

That pretty much sums it all up. This place is littered with assholes and/or rascist. I couldn't have put it better myself. Wexican for life!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home