Hell Freezes Over
Tis the season to be jolly. Tis the season to nice to everyone you meet and act like a human being. Tis the season to shell out a fuck load of cash to get people you care about something nice. Some things I'll never figure out. I may sound like an ass, and maybe I am. You just can't rule out all the possibilities. I tell everyone at work that I converted to Judaism for the holidays. I shout out "Happy Kwanza!!!", like I actually give a shit what it means. Kinda puts me on the same playing field if you ask me. I told everyone, whom I would normally give something cool to them, not to give me a damn thing. People are still nice and have given me gifts which I feel like an ass that they didn't listen to what I told them from the get-go, but I'm not taking part in the ritual this year. Sorry. I just can't believe/afford this tradition. It really is a nice thought to give someone something nice for Christmas, but why not do it for the fuck of it. Just out of the blue, handing out gifts at random. Oh well. It's a dream.
I'm getting on a sort of rant aren't I? Let me get to the point of the title before I digress further.
It's snowing in Alamo,Tx. Yes. That's right. Snow is coming down in southern fucking Texas. This is a place where I sweat 3 1/2 quarters of the year and it's starting to look like an actual movie Christmas. Imagine this shit. 11:00 pm hits on Christmas eve and there is a blanket of snow all over his massive yard. There is enough to have a short snowball fight. 1:30 am Christmas day, and there is an inch of snow on top of my brothers car. The ground was soft and crunched under the pressure of my boots. I was still in a kind of awe with the white particle drifting down looking like It's a Wonderful Life. The drive home was looking like the Millennium Falcon punching the hyperdrive. My brother and I have decided that I'm Chewie and he's Han. Go figure. It was uplifting and something not soon to forget. How many times to people get to see snow down here ON Christmas. The grinch has flinched at this strange moment and I will say something that I probably will regret later.
Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home