Thursday, October 28, 2004

Defiance in the Face of Boredom

Having found an "underground" magazine known as Ouch My Ego, I was curious to see how a lot of these fuckers thought. I was l little surprised to find that what some of them had to say was really not that bad. Checking out the threads I noticed a topic On Soldier Boys and Gals. All ears I shot to see what they had to say. The first post set a wierd sort of mood.


Posted October 20, 2004 by Mr Ott and Mr Ferret-

Last night we, Mr. Ferret and me, met up with some guy who is going
to Iraq, to Fallujah, of all places. He is a soldier and just got back from
some sort of bootcamp training. He states he hates the government but
is willing to fight for them for the money, and I'am guessing the adventure.

He is in effect a killing machine, and reminded me of pictures of Mussolinis
fascist squads, when I saw him in his uniform.(tight black shirt, army pants all the way up to the waist nicely tucked into his black slick boots.)

Anyways I was wondering what the online rocker community thinks about
kids like this, the situation, or anything related towards this.(I wished this soldier-boy good, luck not in his killing mission, but in him surviving.)

-Mr. Ott

My Response to the entire thread while agreeing with a guy who posted as Oyanez as of October 26, 2004 under the tag Relentless Tribe-


oyanez wrote:
"remember the millitary here is on a volenteir baises. if he hates the goverment then why the hell did he join? for the money? that may be cuz he could not find a job else where."


It's pretty funny but he makes a good point. I'm not really trying to ring my own bell here, but I was a marine for 4 years and got to go play in the war in Iraq close to a year ago when it first started. "Killing machines." I'll never understand that one. They have a job to do over there, and it's going to get done. If you don't like it, I suggest you start getting pissed off at the corporate lawyer known as the president. Not as many people join the military for "patriotism" as you may think. A lot of these guys join because they were raised military, had something to prove to themselves, or to get the hell out of were they were from for a better life. I saw and heard about a lot of messed up things over there that make it really hard to accept. I do not agree with the war in Iraq and war in particular, but the job still has to get done.


I would like to point out that this thread was getting posted at a rate of roughly 2-3 posts a day. It has been two days since that post and no one has posted since. Bitches betta recognize. I will fuck your ego up.

And I end with the sound of maniacal laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home