Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Joke To Kill The Mood

SideKick

The word is like an scratch on the roof on my mouth. I hate that fucking word, even though its use only comes up at my favorite bar. This place is my sanctuary. It's general mood of the people is almost warm. People go up to you, and say what's going on. It is a nice place for me to grab a beer and shoot the shit with my buddies. Now, if you have read before, there is a waitress (for lack of a better word) that enjoys covering up her face to hide her smile, points at me, then laughs. Later, I am bombarded with taunts of "Hey Sidekick!" with a relentless fevor. This was cute the first couple of weeks, but now it's wearing thin. It has now become an irritating motherfucker that needs to be stopped. The high school crush I had is now fading away, with a certain type of loathing cascading over my demeanor. The once pleasant conversations have turned into teeth gritting headaches, with her on the constant attack of my dignity. What is a guy to do?

You tell her a joke.

"There was a bear and a rabbit having a foot race. They are both running as fast as they can with the rabbit pushing towards the leading. The race takes them up a hill leading towards a cliff. The rabbit has won the race hands down as they are now at the edge of the cliff panting away. Then the bear turns to the rabbit and says..................

My fucking name is CODY!!!!"

I hope that works.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic! You've still got it bro!

hey, wanna write my 8 page paper? I'll pay you!

PA

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home