Thursday, July 14, 2005

Texas Is The Reason......

Everyone here in Texas is generally proud of their state is some sort of way, and I'll be the first to admit that (unless you live in Hawaii) our state is better than yours. In the words of Bill Hicks, "This is not a matter of opinion. It's a fact and I can prove it on an Eckto-Sketch."

It's an almost unspoken vibe between us. Almost every Texan knows that our state is the shit. We have pretty cool beaches and it is huge. Being the second biggest state has it's advantages. Major cities are constantly growing and seem to offer more things to do.

Three major cities contain very respected sports teams. That's right I said three. Perhaps you have heard of the Spurs? How about the Cowboys? No? Astros ring a bell? With the exclusion of the Rangers, Texas sports teams or already in a high rung. Hockey in Texas? Even the Stars are a respected team in the NHL.

We also call every carbonated beverage Coke. I'm not sure why that kicks ass, but it must on some subconscious level. It's a weird phenomenon calling a Sprite that has no coloring a Coke. I remeber staying in Arizona and got pissed when I told the lady I wanted a Coke and she never asked me what kind. Sitting down staring at this beverage was the first time I truly understood what just happened. At least we don't call it "pop" or "soda water".

And our history alone kicks ass. A story about a bunch of rebels kicking the shit out of the mexican army only to subsequentaly steal land afterwards beats anything that you would learn in school. North Carolina, Montana, and Ohio history classes must have really sucked as opposed to learning about the Alamo. Don't get me started on Rhode Island state history.

I honestly look forward to that day when Texas becomes its own country. Sam Houston said it best when he stated the US needs Texas. Texas does not need the US.



But there are two things that Texas should apologize for and I feel it's my duty to be the one to deliver it. We need to own up to it like Canada should to Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

1. Sorry about Kennedy. That was pretty shitty.

2. The Big W. What can we say? Didn't mean for that to happen. Oops. Next time vote libertarian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece Martinez said...

LMFAO!
Cody? I miss you.
:o(

8:28 PM  
Blogger Roberto Campana said...

I agree dude. It's hard explaining the Coke thing to people who aren't from here. But you did it nicely.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home