The Great Social Experiment
I have been planning this great social experiment for sometime now. Wheels have been turning at this thought engine with spontaneous idea fueling the beast. I believe this social model can be applied to world government with little need for armed insurrection. A grand and prosperous empire lays at humanities feet waiting for the faithful to fufill this grand prophecy.
It all started with the game Civilization III. You model your society in the way in which you see fit to ensure your people's nation can stand the test of time. I suck at this game, but in no means does that mean it is any less addictive. Your choices are varied with nations ranging from Germany and France to the Iroquois and Aztecs. You can even choose a government and technologies to shape your society. If society is what you make of it, can a people create a utopia? Can your vision stand the test of time?
What was my vision you ask? Imagine a nation that hold a common ground and works toward a common goal. Imagine still that this society become technologically advanced to push this goal to better the lives of all within its borders. A society that puts the people's interests first and foremost to insure a better tomorrow.
Imagine that the nation's common goal was beer.
The Great Social Experiment was thought, but it needed a testing ground. What better platform than a game that enables you to create a society. I went to work.
I started setting up the global parameters. The world need to be large to allow breweries to flourish and cold to keep the sacred amber fluid at drinking temperatures. I set the difficulty to medium-ish and began the design for my people. I chose the Egyptians for the model as they were industrious and religious. A people need to be industrious if the beer must flow and religious to incorporate it into a zen-like consciousness. You can argue that beer was dated back to 10,000 BC and Babylonians used women priest to become the first brewmasters. Mesopotamians built statues of figures drinking from golden straws. Even Noah stashed the sweet nectar on his ark. But you know what? Ancient Egyptians revered beer as a gift of the gods. It was the national beverage of choice. Pharoahs themselves appointed Royal Chief Beer Inspectors to regulate the quality. A fine model indeed. These people would be renamed the Brewskians rule by none other than Lord Brewmaster himself.
Lord Brewmaster was in absolute control of my society. He needed to secure a choice location for the capital. My workers set out to search for a rich land filled with wheat and barley, but it was to no avail. The capital brewery of Shiner Brewery had to settle next to a bunch of cows in 410 BC. Now the people needed technological guidance. What could be developed to insure proper manufacturing could ensue. I researched pottery to develop sturdy pint mugs for proper drinking. Beer drinkers need class to ensure a better tomorrow.
Now we needed to scout the land to find the barley. Scouts searched until they came across a plain fertile in soil. Lord Brewmaster heart was hardened when he learned that Catherine the Great was next door to this land. The brewsians needed to move fast to secure it before the vodka swilling people stole this necessity from under our nose. The people had no time for white russian shenanigans.
The people had learned the great joy of pottery in 390 BC. PINT MUGS AT LAST!!! Now the secret are of bronze working needed to be developed. The people must have keggers.
Time will tell for the brewkians. Time will tell.

3 Comments:
nice. you will never need to worry about an uprising because everyone will be happy, fat, and drunk...
oh, wait. there are angry drunks. do you get to kill them off right away?
Mad fucking genius, I swear.
Armaedes- Thanks. Funny enough, I thought of it while drinking.
Grace- Oh there are angry drunks in this society, but that would be a waste. They drunkenly fight off barbarians and any other nation who stands against the regime in the military. I speak from experience.
Cece- Flattering thank you, but I think it is more Mad than genius. I'm not done yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home