In The Shadows
Ninjas have always fascinated me. The entire mythos of black pajama men running around in the dark, killing people with blowguns or throwing knives is undeniably cool. The word "ninja" was always brought up (along with "kung-fu" or "jedi") in my past when former co-workers were talking about how good they were at their assigned function.
Example
Guy 1: Did you fix the exchange server?
Guy 2: Sheeeee-ittt, motherfucka' you know!!! You doubt my ninja skills?!
or
Guy 1: Dude. How did you hook up with that Playboy's Miss December?
Guy 2: It's simple. My kung-fu is fucking awesome.
I have a gift or a curse at work. I can't really decide what it is, but objectively, it's cool none the less. A lot of the times I walk into a room, I tend to startle people like I just jumped out of a bush wearing a werewolf mask and holding a knife. I don't think I look like Sloth from The Goonies, so it must mean I possess some sort of stealth latent abilities. I walk around the place sporting my kickass Vans. Vans are known for their comfort and ability to produce little to no noise which only further adds to the mythos. Walking to the back of the clinical lab where I work carrying tubes of sick people's blood I once again make a co-worker jump.
"Oh you scared me. "
"I'm sorry about that. I'm not that ugly."
"No.....It's just that you move around like a ninja."
She said it, not me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home