Thursday, April 14, 2005

Jason/Goldbloom

Jeff Goldbloom is a well known actor who is unfortunately known for playing some sort of nerdy scientist on just about every movie I have seen him in. (The Big Chill, Jurassic Park, The Fly)

Jason Lee is also a well known actor who is usually playing some sort of angry and/or cynical friend that usually inspires some well deserved laughs. (Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Vanilla Sky)

It took a little bit of thought while I was watching the movie "Lost World". This movie is actually pretty shitty. A bunch a fucking dinosaurs running around and killing people with Jeff Goldbloom as a lead. While I am not discrediting the man's leading role capabilities (key reference The Fly), he just never struck me a the strong lead male with his characters usually blubbering about something nonsensical. It was at that moment that I had a dark revelation. Lying down on the couch watching this shitty movie, I came upon the idea that when your friends try to describe someone they know, a popular way to do it is compare them to a famous actor. The pupil are dilated and your mind quivers like the first time you hear your voice on tape. Could I ever be associated with this dorky guys persona in other people's conversations? Stumped and defeated, I told my buddy Phil about this.

"Nah...you're more like Jason Lee's character off of Chasing Amy."

The mind breaths a little easier with this. I can live with that. I am a little vocal and rough around the edges. I am kinda a dick to anyone that is not my friend. I am a little unconventional. I must also admit that Jason Lee is a handsome dude, which gives me some more stars. Today I mentioned this to my brother.

"What? You have homosexual tendencies too?"

Great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Campana said...

I agree. Your much more like "Banky" then "Dr. Malcom" or whatever his name was. From what I gathered your sarcastic, cynical, and yes like u said an ass to anyone who isn't your friend. But hey that's all good.

Atleast you don't get told you look like and sound like John Lovitz. bastards.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cody said...

To hell with that.......I would hit them in the face with a shovel until they told me I looked like Brad Pitt.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home