The Clock Is Ticking
This weekend, my buddy Frank decided to commence some preaching. Picture some guy standing on a pedestal, wearing priest robes, tossing holy water on you, and shouting, "You are WRONG!!! You must meet people!!! You must get laid!!! The power of Christ compels you!!!" ect. ect. I didn't take it well. He may have seen some sort of light coming from the tunnel of social promiscuity, but I am a non-believer. Not in the sense that it doesn't work, but more in the sense I could care less as it is not applicable to my own life. If you want a bucket full of friends and a truckload of acquaintances, be my fucking guest. That is not me. It's not that I hate people (and I really do); it's just that I don't have too much time as it is. My weekdays are booked. I can't really stay on the phone to shoot the shit or hangout with someone at their house since my present job keeps me till the early morning hours. It sucks, but this is how I make the proverbial "chedda". Time becomes precious. I can't really afford to waste it on people who have the strong possibility to have conversations that make me wish I was having a Coca Cola enema instead. There is not much time to spread around on the weekends as I have to plan them in advance with friends and can't back out on anyone. My present situation keeps me alone, but not lonely. Besides, this way lets me write long articles about my asshole.

2 Comments:
Hmmm. Well at LEAST you're productive. Heh.
Yeah, I miss the days of not doing jack shit. Hey Cece, do me a favor and check out my first couple of chapters to my short story. Http:\\walkingalonebook.blogspot.com
pwetty pwease?
Post a Comment
<< Home